Hello, Chapel and Chancel Choirs! For those of you who don’t know me, welcome! I’m Chancel President John Dowdell, and yes, at one time I was a singer in the Chapel Choir, though that was a long time ago, back when years started with the word “nineteen” and Foothill was a one-story school.
Still, I’m really excited to be joining these choirs together for this year’s Messiah, and I hope all of you are, too. It’s a magnificent work, and I think both choirs together are going to be glorious. We’re really blessed with this opportunity, and I don’t know if we’ll have a proper time for this later, so let’s take a moment and give a hand to the music staff for all the work that they’re putting into this weekend.
(long applause)
And the rest of you are pretty great, too. :) Okay, let’s bow our heads.
Father, we give you tonight’s rehearsal and the entire Festival of Christmas Music. We thank you for The Messiah, Father, and for this opportunity to join choirs together.
Like the angels, may we gloriously proclaim the good news. Like the shepherds, may we accept the invitation to worship the Savior. Like the Wise Men, may we seek your bright star to guide us through the night. Like Mary and Joseph, may we make the best of many inconveniences. And in our own way, may we all make our way to Bethlehem this Christmas to offer our gift to the newborn King.
In your Holy name we pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment