Thursday, September 18, 2014

State of the Coffee, Part I

First off, I know we already congratulated him once, but let me say my thank you to Brett Griffiths for serving so wonderfully as our President this past year. Wonderful job.

Like Brett, I plan on opening with some sort of mini-devotional, but that won’t be starting just yet. First we have to discuss a something a little more official – not a State of the Union, but rather a State of the Coffee. Because yes, I know – many of you have stressed this to me in the last week – it’s a BIG deal.


So hear the words of your new President. Yes, we will continue to serve Sunday morning coffee. Regular, Decaf, and Tea using the same ingredients, the same proportions, the same equipment, the same location, and the same creamer that you’re used to. I kid you not – there now exists an eleven-page document on the ins and outs of Chancel Choir coffee setup (don’t worry, committee, a lot of it is photos), and on top of that I’m around to help ensure the transition goes smoothly.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says, “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”

It’s way better for this choir that more than one person knows how to set up the coffee – you don’t know the nightmares I had about sleeping through an alarm. So a big early thanks to Madonna Nicolai and Glenn Weber and others in the Social Committee in sharing a first shift in this new era, which I assure you is going to be pretty equivalent to the old era. Let’s give them a hand.

Okay, let’s bow our heads. Dear Heavenly Father, thank you that we have so many willing hands that give time to facilitate this choir, and so many willing voices to fill it. Thank you for the opportunity to come together, sing Your praise, and share Your message in so many rich ways. We give tonight’s rehearsal to You – in Your name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment