A group of us sang at his wife Anna’s memorial service two years ago, and I’m going to open by reading the text of that piece. As it provided solace and encouragement to Allan’s family and us back then, may it do the same for us as a choir family tonight.
You raise me up, So I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, To walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on Your shoulders,
You raise me up to more than I can be.
When I am down, and oh my soul’s so weary,
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be,
When I am still… and wait here in the silence,
Until You come and sit a while with me.
There is no life, no life without its hunger,
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly,
But when You come… and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.
You raise me up, So I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, To walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on Your shoulders,
You raise me up to more than I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment